Wait, what Dog Park?
Yes! There is a wonderful Dog Park hiding behind the church building. Any time of day, it’s the perfect place to take a break, stretch your legs and get some doggy love. It’s a popular spot for us humans to have a chat and catch up, too. In fact, it’s so popular, that we smell . . . an opportunity!
Dog-friendly coworking is a thing at many spaces around the country. We are still working through the logistics, but we hope it will work at SyncLife. Here are a few guidelines:
- The dog-friendly space is upstairs when we have more than two dogs.
- Dogs must be on leash any time they are out of the designated rooms. We often have elderly folks as well as our friends at Connecting Point who may be frightened of dogs.
- Your dog must be chill around other dogs and strangers.
- Accidents happen, but if they happen with regularity, Snookums will be uninvited. And that will make everybody have a sad.
Here is some news from the volunteers who make the Park such a nice place. We hope that we can all be one big happy community, so let’s help out when and where we can.
It’s that time of year where we need to get funds together for the annual insurance payment to the church, which costs approximately $1000 per year. We’ve made some improvements designed to ensure that the process is easy and that documentation is provided for your charitable contribution tax deduction. Donations of any size are greatly appreciated, and any extra funds will be retained for park maintenance.
Here are your options:
- Donate to the dog park online via PayPal. The donation link is at the bottom of the church’s dog park page. Keep in mind that if you use a credit card, PayPal will take a portion of your donation for transaction costs. Please designate your contribution as “Dog Park Insurance.”
- Drop cash or check donations at the church office. Envelopes will be provided to include the amount, your name, contact information, and address. Your contribution will be recorded and you will get a documentation letter for tax time. Special envelopes are being ordered and will be available in the park.
HALLOWEEN TRUNK OR TREAT FOR MAPLE LAWN ELEMENTARY
The church is coordinating a trunk-or-treat event for their adopted school on Friday, October 27th from 5:30PM-7:00PM. Maple Lawn Elementary serves a large number of low-income families. The Halloween carnival will include games, prizes, and, of course, candy! Dinner will also be provided for the students and their parents. There are a couple of ways we can help:
- Donations are needed for candy and prizes. The donations are tax deductible, and we will retain any extra funds for park maintenance.
- Volunteers are needed to decorate their cars, pass out candy, and help with carnival games. We hope to have 25 cars at the event. Please contact Amethyst Kelly (918-292-9812).
ST. FRANCIS BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS
The St. Francis event in October was great and we welcomed many newcomers! Check out the pictures on the church’s Facebook page, and there’s an article in Bubblelife. Thank you to all who volunteered to help. If you want to help next year, please contact Brooke Palmer (817-707-8010).
There are also a few St. Francis medallions left. Let Brooke know if you want one — first come, first served!
We hope to improve communications, by better utilizing Facebook. Please take a moment to like our Page. Also, we’re going to start better utilizing the bulletin board in the park. Please be on the lookout for events and opportunities to contribute or help out in that space!
WHEN YOU GOTTA GO . . .
Our park guests are now welcome to use the church bathrooms during office hourse, generally Monday – Friday 9 – 4 ish. If the door is locked, just press the buzzer and someone should let you in. (Note: The buzzer at the back main doors is not working at the moment, so try the door to the far right of the building by the garden). You are welcome to come in, use the restroom, visit with the people coworking, grab a coffee or water.
BE A WINNER!
When you donate to the insurance fund, or for Trunk or Treat, your name will go into a drawing for 2 – $20 gift cards from Nordstrom!
For more information about the park, or to volunteer,
please call Brooke Palmer (817-707-8010)